Being a new parent is an adventure like no other. You will be challenged, pushed and pulled in different directions, and even sleep deprived days at a time. You may even find it way harder than you and your partner expected. Don’t worry, you are not alone. You will get better at it — it just takes a bit of time and practice.
What’s most important is that your baby is healthy, well fed, and comfortable. That’s why it helps to have a blanket that is gentle on your baby’s sensitive skin, breathable, and lightweight. Luckily, there is Muslin, the purest and softest fabric for your baby. In fact, more and more parents are using muslin for the simple reason: Babies sleep much better in them. Muslin even got more popular as more celebrities and thought-leaders started using it (the likes of Kate Middleton, Mark Zuckerberg, and Julia Roberts to name a few).
But, What makes Bamboo Muslin so magical?
Bamboo Muslin is a type of fabric incorporating bamboo viscose and muslin.
- Bamboo fabric made from bamboo viscose is known to me up to 3 times softer than regular cotton. It also has natural properties that makes it naturally good for your health.
- Muslin is one of the gentlest and purest fabrics available. It is a finely woven and lightweight. That is why it is oftentimes used for baby blankets. This fabric also gets softer with every wash.
By combining these two materials together, Bamboo Muslin becomes an even softer and more breathable fabric. Here are more reasons why Bamboo Muslin is perfect for your baby:
- Hypoallergenic: It’s easy on the skin
- Babies have sensitive skin so they are more prone to experiencing irritation when exposed to rough of scratchy blankets. That is why it is much better to use delicate and gentle fabrics that can protect their skin. Bamboo muslin blankets are incredibly soft and smooth so your baby will feel at ease. Aside from this, it is also hypoallergenic so it is free from allergens, dust mites, and bacteria - keeping your baby’s skin safe and itch-free.
- Thermal-Regulating: It's breathable and lightweight
- Bamboo Muslin is also thermal-regulating, so it has the ability to move heat away from your baby — keeping your baby clean and dry throughout the night. The fabric naturally reduces moisture and allows for easy air circulation that can reduce discomfort and over heating for your baby. This can help soothe your baby’s rashes or eczema so they heal more quickly.
- Anti-Microbial: It smells better and stays cleaner
- Bamboo fabrics have this unique agent called, “Bamboo Kun”, which allows it to be naturally anti-microbial. This natural agent reduces odor-causing bacteria and other microscopic pests that may thrive on your baby’s clothing or beddings. Therefore, having an anti- microbial baby blanket can ensure a safer and healthier environment for your baby — all day, everyday.
There is more to Bamboo Muslin aside from it’s impressive health benefits. It is also incredibly versatile and can be used in a number of ways. Here are some ideas how you can use it.
- It’s great for swaddling
- Swaddling is a common term to hear for new parents. It is when you wrap your baby in a soft blanket to keep him or her calm, rested, and comfortable. One of the biggest benefits that swaddling brings is longer and more peaceful sleep for your baby. When you swaddle, you are moderating your baby's “Startle Reflex” and soothing them in the process. While the startle reflex is normal, it may often disturb the baby’s sleep. By swaddling them the right way, your baby can experience a soft, womb-like sleeping environment that can help them establish better sleeping patterns. Bamboo Muslin is also described to have a "Natural give”, allowing for snug and secure swaddle for your baby.
- *Startle Flex- An involuntary response your baby makes when started.
- It’s great for travel
- Travelling with your baby can be overwhelming so multi-functional care items comes highly recommended. Bamboo Muslin blankets are lightweight so they compress easily in your bag. That means you can easily bring it along with you on plane rides, long car trips, or even to the park. It can also double as a blanket and a cover for your baby whose skin is too sensitive for sunscreen. You can easily drape it over your child or over the stroller for extra protection for sunny days.
- It’s great for countless other baby tasks
- It’s perfect for everyday use. Aside from it being a swaddle blanket and stroller blanket, it can also be used as a changing mat, nursing cover, or even a play or sleep area for your baby. It’s easy to pack and easy to clean so you can use it time and time again.
Discover your new favourite blanket for the family
Being a new parent is an adventure like no other. You will be challenged, pushed and pulled in different directions, and even sleep deprived days at a time. Though everyone’s journey is quite different, we can all agree that it is a rewarding experience. At the end of the day, seeing your baby tucked comfortably and asleep in your arms makes it all worth it.
With this, we invite you to check out our Bamboo Muslin Blanket for your little ones. It’s made from 100% Bamboo Muslin — which makes it extra breathable, comfy, and naturally temperature regulating. It’s so soft, it doesn’t even need softener! We’re sure that your baby will love it too!
For the Moms and Dads, you can check out our Bamboo Muslin Throw Blankets that’s not only super soft but also adds a pop of color in your bedroom.
Read on: Suggested Articles!
- Why Bamboo?
- When you sleep on Bamboo sheets, you are sleeping on the softest organic bedding around.
- 3 Reasons why Bamboo Sheets can help you sleep better
- Start your journey to the best sleep experience ever when you sleep on bamboo sheets.