1. Helps Treat Stress & AnxietyA study has shown that weighted blankets were able to lower anxiety by about 33 percent. The blanket's extra weight enables deep touch pressure, which reduces the autonomic arousal that causes anxiety symptoms such as a faster heart rate.
Your body is soothed and feels less anxious after every sleep under this blanket. You wake up refreshed and have a lower chance of experiencing stress thanks to that restorative experience.
2. Lower Likelihood of InsomniaDepression and anxiety are commonly linked to insomnia. While insomnia won't lead to depression, not having a full night's sleep can worsen one's depression. Not investing in sleep results in fatigue, inactivity, and a moody state the following day.
Sleep under a weighted blanket and your body will be lulled into getting the rest it requires. The sensation it provides releases serotonin (aka the happiness hormones) to improve your quality of sleep. The blanket also lengthens your sleep duration, as getting those eight hours in is just as important. With more hours spent resting rather than lying in wake, your insomnia is reduced and it becomes easier to manage depression.
3. No More Restless Leg SyndromeRestless leg syndrome (RLS) is defined as the "uncontrollable urge to move your legs" as you stay in a rested position. This usually occurs as you lie in bed.
RLS can manifest as burning, crawling, or itching feeling. Your body switches to moving your legs around to relieve the sensations felt in the legs. Natural treatments such as yoga, breathing exercises, meditation, and regular exercise can help reduce RLS.
Coupled with the gentle embrace of a weighted blanket, your body can be fully relieved of RLS symptoms. The blanket’s pressure points help relaxing hormones that calm your nerves and send you into a deeper sleep.
4. A Happier, Focused, and Productive YouSleep is still the best solution to a more productive day. A study among 4,188 US workers showed that those who slept less had a worse performance and productivity level. Another study from the Sleep Research Society that tracked sleep quantity and quality concluded that sleepiness, insomnia, and snoring reduced work productivity.
With the weighted blanket calming your nerves and lulling you into relaxation, you’ll soon be enjoying a deeper and restorative sleep. You'll wake up refreshed and with the focus needed to tackle a busy day.
5. Removes the Sensory Overload Before SleepWeighted blankets are known for their similarity to deep touch pressure therapy. As explained earlier, the pressure applied releases serotonin, or what we know as the "happy hormone." It is responsible for giving us calm and taking care of our well-being. For children and adults with ADHD, calm can be difficult to find.
Adults also struggle with all the things on their minds, which can get in the way of a long and deep sleep. The weighted tranquility blanket can help individuals struggling with ADHD to calm down and ease themselves into a long sleep. Using a similar technique as deep touch pressure, your body experiences the benefits of serotonin and submits itself into a long and much-needed rest.
Interested in investing or gifting a weighted blanket to your loved one? This item is also a great way to show family or friends you scare, despite the physical distance. You can select the blanket that will fit the age or frame of your recipient: 2.2 kg for kids above 23 kg, 5.5 kg for adults between 36 to 54 kg, and 6.8 kg. for those above 54 kg.
Note that this blanket is only for single-use (size at 48” x 72” or slightly narrower than a twin bed) and cannot be shared. While the weight may seem heavier than a normal blanket, the material is cool and breathable. You can also take out the removable bamboo cover to reduce the weight and warmth under the blanket.